[kj] Rap, punk, & stuff (999)

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 06:13:20 EDT 2004

forgot about that fire.
combat 84 - chubby chriss band
The meteors - hicky was a roadie. the lead singer got sent down 4 murder.......

racism, as the article discusses, was rife. In the guise of the
national front at first it saw the birth of RAR and the ANL which saw
it disacociated in punk. Later it returned with the birth of the
British Movement and was aligned with oi!

many anarchists flirted with fascism, the guy who ran class war was a
former NF official. Crass were initially supported in 77 by a fascist
audience as desribed in Penny Rimbauds book and my first live gig
early in 78 with them saw it kick off when the NF started chanting.

later i was present at the now infamous Perth gig which was later
released as a cd (it was my cassette in the mixing desk but Andy T
kept it - losing touch but releasing it later on)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005LEVW/qid=1098698262/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-3865907-9007823

that was the British Movement. Edinburgh branch. a lovely lot. got to
encounter them many times around that time, not only at gigs but at
football as well. In fact i am pretty sure it kicked off at Coasters
at one Killing Joke appearence.

--
iPat
He who never made a mistake never made a discovery.