[kj] OT: The great Punk Debate culture theives read ; >

Ketracel White ketracelwhite at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 18:39:44 EDT 2004

>From AMG (All Music Guide):

"The Ramones are the first punk rock band. Other bands, such as the Stooges
and the New York Dolls, came before them and set the stage and aesthetic for
punk, and bands that immediately followed, such as the Sex Pistols, made the
latent violence of the music more explicit, but the Ramones crystallized the
musical ideals of the genre."

God Bless America.
-KW