[kj] OT: The great Punk Debate culture theives read ; >

Matthew Burke marsboy1 at msn.com
Mon Oct 18 16:31:21 EDT 2004

Louis Armstrong also invented the Big Mac, and would have approved of
pre-emptive wars.

New Rose and Blitzkrieg Bop were both released in 1976.  Are we counting
months, or is there some secret knowledge I'm not aware of?

There is also a question as to whether Patti Smith's 'Hey Joe' was the first
punk single, released in 1974.

Other instances of a lack of American culture:

Blues
Jazz
Twain
Kerouac