[kj] OT any advice from the handy me & women out there

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 2 12:54:31 EDT 2004

Hello one and all

If I did not mention I purchased my first home during the summer and I am
still (what a shocker) unpacking and fixing up.

What we want to do is put all of our vinyl, CDs, 8 tracks, reel to reels,
DVDs, Laserdiscs, VHS media in one area.  So I want to build some shelves.

Now the question is this.  Is there a wood that is better for this type of
project?  And what I mean is , for example, an ideal situation is to build
or line your clothing closet with sheets of Cedar to keep moisture and moths
out etc.  Is there anything like that to keep in mind?  Or is that not
really an issue?  I mean I understand sturdiness, etc.  But I am talking
about a particular wood or treatment that helps the longevity  of the media.

Thanks

Chris