[kj] For beginners

Javier Garcia jagargal at lycos.com
Mon Nov 22 11:50:37 EST 2004

I was traveling through the "K" label of the "alternative" section in a big mexican CD store (Mixup) and found what i thought I could only get via amazon: Killing Joke For Beginners... i haven't listen the whole CD yer, (right now
I'm on track 9 "Wilful Days". What amazed me the most  (until now) is the mix of "We Have Joy", it's awesome!! that percussions at the top of the music layer make the song wilder, pure tribal... it could last minutes and
minutes and I could go all the way making a primitive wardance!!!... The songs sound very good with the remastering, can't wait to get all the remastered albums!!.
Just one question, is it going to be some sort of second part of "For Beginners"? it would be great as there are many missing songs from the 90's to 2003... rarities from this era would be great too. Besides I hate that the
general public and the press look at Killing Joke basically as an 80's band (and some of them even think KJ doesn't exist anymore, just remember 'Love Like Blood' and/or 'Eighties'). We all know the 80's were a great
decade for the Joke, but there is a line after OTG that made Killing Joke a new kind of band, Extremities, Pandemonium, Democracy, KJ2003.... maybe too much time and verey few records, but these albums are part of a
different KJ face and each of them have great moments.

My two pesos

Javier
mex.city