[kj] Democracy (the cd)- yearning for live execution thereof...

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 11 11:01:59 EST 2004

>"emotive and stirring, even uplifting, if in need of
a remixing"

That about nails it for me, too. I find Democracy
entering my Joke rotation pretty frequently. The
sentiments hit a mood for me that I don't find in any
other Joke album (insert Democracy-slamming joke
here).

I agree Mass would be great to hear live. Basically, a
lot of the Democracy-era songs I'd love to hear live
just to see/hear what Geordie's doing. Even Medicine
Wheel--not quite a club-rocking song, and it can
easily be (and has been) knocked here for repetitive,
aborted lyrics and flutes or whatever--but I'd enjoy
hearing Geordie wailing away live on that one.

But that probably being a pipe dream, I'll focus my
hopes on them doing a new mix of the album. Okay,
that's a pipe dream, too.