[kj] OT: Pirating of new U2 release

Patrick Davies Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com
Thu Nov 11 05:28:20 EST 2004

Taking it further, there are items in my music library that are purely there because they give me something. The personality behind the name isn't known nor is it researched. Example: Belly king

There are items that are in my library that are a result of the personalities that produced them that I will never listen to as its crap. Every band must be in here if you follow them through their career.

The difference between the U2 situation and say Belly's King album is that I know nothing about Tanya Donelly bar her time with the throwing muses but she isn't getting in my face pushing across a 'product' other than her record at the time. So I listen to king and enjoy the album for what I get out of it whereas I cannot do that because U2 were selling more than just a record. If im in the UK I do not maybe get to see what REM are selling as people in other countries don't pick up on say what U2 are selling, cultural diversity etc.

Paul Weller brought out the cover versions Studio 150 recently and bar a few songs im extremely disappointed - Weller is better live. I'm excited at the Beautiful South's one about to emerge and the song list is attractive! Number 11 Alex!

1. You're The One That I Want
2. Livin' Thing
3. This Will Be Our Year
4. Ciao!