[kj] OT: Pirating of new U2 release

Patrick Davies Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com
Tue Nov 9 04:01:57 EST 2004

For me U2 stopped being relevant when they did a live gig on telly. Was
it a tube special? Bono in his rock star pose jumped off the stage and
said it didn't exist that they were one with the audience. I saw it as
self indulgent bollox and never listened to them again under my own
steam. Not long after that they were doing stadiums I believe.

REM never, to my limited knowledge, made such illusions. However Stripe
was so far out there it took them to the other year to let people know
there was someone else in the band by acting like a pr*ck on an
airplane.

iPat