[kj] (OT) election thoughts

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 3 09:03:08 EST 2004

Literally unbelievable. I refuse to believe it. I can't fucking stand
it.

I seem to recall an article on Bin Laden sometime prior to September
11th, and he explained that he would no longer avoid targeting American
civilians (as opposed to simply military targets). By his rationale,
America's leaders are voted into office by the American people -- thus
the American people are complicit in the decisions made by the
presidential administration. Around the world, it was generally agreed
that Bush basically *STOLE* the election in 2000, thus the American
people weren't entirely at fault. This time, this is not the case. In
the eyes of the rest of the world more than ever, we as American
citizens just put a stamp of approval on Bush's last four years. There
will be no further sympathy nor understanding.

We're fucked. Duck and cover.

Alex in NYC