[kj] Confirm...

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 07:10:30 EST 2004

i don't buy this.
i was in the states leading up to the start of the Iraq war and talked
to people up in the hills of NW Arkansas. It was enlightening and yes
they seemed to believe that they were threatened and that this was the
way to deal with it. I talked and talked while keeping it polite and i
watched the way the media reports everything.
there were peace protesters out on the streets and the oil argument
was aired but the simplicity of the number 911 was the big hoodoo.

What i saw was the simple fact that they would stand next to their
fellow Americans who were serving to protect them. Now people could
argue about the fellow Americans that are in food queues etc but its
not in the same mind thinking culture they have been brought up with.

in the same way we have Islammania now dogmatically being repeated
over and over again, people here to will vote with that fear in mind
regardless of other pressing issues.

we mustnt fall into the same trap that we accuse the yanks of doing.
We tell them that they only see the world through their own eyes. Well
we need to see that they have a different culture and a different
approach to things than we do.

interesting that florida apparently saw a huge vote increase amongst
the spanish south american ethnic population that swung to
republicans, especially with the mail from the guy on this list last
week.

--
iPat
as soft as silk, as hard as a diamond