[kj] One Year Ago On Halloween

juliet pleming pricepleming at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 17:33:24 EST 2004

Where in Detroit is that?

The only band I ever managed to see was Devo and I'm trying think of the
name of the place. It was an old theatre, quite a small venue on the other
side of Detroit from where I was living which was Southfields near 12 mile.
I was 15 and I somehow persuaded someone to take me. Damn my memory is
failing me but it'll come back to me, but it was unusual for its smallness
and intimacy in a way.

Because actually I tell a lie- I did sort of see another band and I got  to
go backstage - this is embarrassing- at a Journey or was it Rush gig. A
friend of the family knew their tour manager and thought it would be a treat
for me, and I was dragged along. All I remember is satin crotches that were
laced up. I was not impressed. Now that was at a really big venue and the
place I saw devo was just a small theatre.

Do you live in Detroit?