[kj] OT: Baby in NYC

Shadforth, Jane E SUKOP-UOIT/42 gathering@misera.net
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:58:49 -0000

Congratulations to all 3 of you!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Smith [mailto:vassifer@earthlink.net]
Sent: 23 March 2004 05:56
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: [kj] OT: Baby in NYC

Sorry to be flagrantly off topic for a mo', but it is with *GREAT*=20
Pleasure, Pride and Exhaustion that I proclaim to you that.....

		At 7:45 pm on MONDAY, MARCH 22nd, one little CHARLOTTE MARY SMITH IN=20
NYC popped her tiny little head into the world.  Weighing in at six=20
pounds and some-odd ounces, little Charlotte gave her long-stressed and=20
sleepless-from-cholestasis mother a good fake-out with some braxton=20
hicks contractions (i.e. false alarm) on Friday night. We were all=20
prepared to sprint off to the hospital then and there, but the=20
contractions never revealed themselves at regular intervals and=20
eventually dissipated. So, when we went in this morning (Monday), they=20
ran a bunch to tests, looked up and said: "How about today, then?"

And so it was.

Mother, child and dazed-but-elated father are all doing fine. They just=20
kicked me out of the hospital so that all and sundry may sleep.

It is with indescribable joy and relief that I report that little=20
Charlotte, though having only spent 36 weeks to the day in the womb,=20
came out as perfect and as unspeakably adorable as can be.

Anyway, there you have it.....

Alex in NYC.....on cloud Nine.