[kj] worst poll

PRAEst76 gathering@misera.net
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:34:25 +0000

On (22/03/04 15:56), fluwdot@earthlink.net wrote concerning [kj] worst poll:

>    KILLING JOKE'S WORST EVER:
>    1. PRODUCER

I'll go with the consensus and say Youth, but I don't know good production
for shit.

>    2. DANCE MIX

That whole remix album was pretty horrible. KJ aren't that kind of Dance
band. Wilful Days is a dance song and damn fine, with stuff like that we
don't need Butterfly rekkoids inhouse psyber-hippies mussing up the tracks
with tired old tranciness.

Mind you I always liked that Juno Reactor version of Millennium, but I
always took that more of a Cover than a remix.

>    3. CONVENTIONAL REMIX

does this include the album versions? If so then all of them. Especially
the ones that could have been great if done properly. Like Mathmatics Of Chaos & Aeon.

>    4. MISSED OPPORTUNITY

Could write a book on these, but I'll go with the general consensus again
and say the woeful handling of the singles from the last album.

>    YOUR WORST EVER...
>    5. JOB

Most were shit. The more I got paid the worse the job, not that any paid
much. The one where the employer left via the window and was never seen
again when some men turned up at the shop. No idea who they were but I
suspect Inland Revenue or Gangsters. Suffice to say no-one paid me that
week and I'm very cynical when it comes to employment now.

>    6. DECISION

Some people regret taking silly risks for love. I regret not doing it.

>    7. SEXUAL EXPERIENCE

My stint as a rent boy wasn't fun, and I didn't make much cash either. My
pimp was creaming too much off the top...

>    8. MISTAKE o

Dunno. I learnt from most of them. But I'd probably say this goes with the
answer to 6.

>    9. EMBARRASSING INCIDENT

Most have been fairly mild. Had a used jonny fall out of my pocket onto a
mates lap once, but my personal hangups mean that any situation where I
find myself in a strange bog and there is no toilet paper is fairly
horrible. I even went as far as carrying a travel packet of wet-whipes
everywhere I went for a few years... Perhaps I should start that again. you
never know what the future will bring.

>    THE WORST EVER...
>    10. GIG YOU'VE BEEN TO

Never been to any that were particularly bad. And the few i didn't enjoy I
didn't enjoy for reasons that wern't related to the band. I guess I don't
go to enough gigs.

>    11. ALBUM YOU'VE BOUGHT

Someone reccomended Leaether Strip to me. I bought and album and it kinda
summed up everything I hate about that style of music. I'm thankful I
couldn't afford to buy the :Wumpscut: that person reccomended too.

>    12. SINGLE YOU'VE BOUGHT

I was watching that top 100 UK singles program that was on a few weeks back
with a mate and felt inclined to apologise for the shite in the top 20 that
I'd bought. I played This 'Ole house by Shakey to death when it fist came
out. Still got it in my collection. also has Congratulations by Cliff but
I've no idea where that came from. I wasn't even born when it came out. I
also have Super Trooper by ABBA that starts off my facial tic when I hear
it.

Any of those.

>    13. FILM YOU'VE PAID TO SEE

Space Jam. Only movie i ever walked out of. I'm fairly tolerant of movies.
I've watched shit before but i found that movie offensive. I'm a bit of a
purist when it comes to Loony Toons and thing when Mel Blanc died, so did
Bugs Bunny.

and the whole Basketball thing was just a trendy cash in.

>    14. BOOK YOU'VE READ

I read Memnoch The Devil by Anne Rice. I remember when I had finished I
closed the cover and then flug the book with force out of the window into
the bushes. It was a library copy too. I wouldn't retrive it on principle. I
just told them it got lost. It's probably still there, somewhere. I don't
care. Anne Rice needs a slap, and a decent editor.

>    15. TV SHOW YOU'VE SEEN

It's hard to chose. So much shite on TV at the moment. Big Brother and that
ilk. Or those trendy shows people who base their lives on think are really
true to life.

Eastenders. Other choices but i think the incidences in the epidemic of
depressive illnesses sweeping the country could be halved at least just by
taking that shite off the air. People need to go out and live life rather
than just watching it on TV, otherwise we'll have a whole generation who
base their lives on TV becasuse it's all they know.

Burn the TV.

>    16. MUSIC VIDEO YOU'VE SEEN

Most of the dissapoint to some extent. Videos are primarily made to make
bad songs and bands look good and tend to make good bands and songs look
wanky.

>    17. HOLIDAY YOU'VE HAD

I went on a Skiing holiday to the french alps with my French class at
school. Was very enjoyable for everyone; class, tourists, french locals,
watching the fat kid falling off his skis but for me I wanted to die or
something and I left with my only real reason to hate the french.

>    18. CRIME YOU'VE COMMITTED

I don't think I've ever done anything I've considered a crime, though the
law may not agree.

>    19. LIE YOU'VE TOLD

All my lies are just in harmless fun. And they pale even more into
insignifigance compaired to the lies that abound in the world today.

>    20. OTHER VERY BAD THING YOU DID

Sometimes I gossip about things I shouldn't. I have a big mouth. It gets me
into trouble and I should shut the hell up sometimes.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.escapism.co.uk/praest76