[kj] News - whatever... bbc6! Actual news!

death wish dwish2000 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 31 11:50:13 EDT 2004

Well, Bruce, but KJ are not most bands are they?

I say let em' focus on Killing Joke - the music, and whatever else that
means to them, including going to the bank machine instead of doing a bbc6
interview!

If I have to wait until the day before Armageddon for their next album, so
be it.

T.

>From: bluce ree <bluceree2003 at yahoo.co.uk>
>To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"
><gathering at misera.net>
>Subject: Re: [kj] News - whatever... bbc6! Actual news!
>Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:41:31 +0100 (BST)
>
>they could have released Asteroid (they were clearly going for the Kerrang
>market with KJ2003 and what better song for that?), Implant and indeed
>Blood On Your Hands.
>
>Loose Cannon was bad, albeit not as bad as the video.
>
>Seeing Red was great, the standout track of the album.
>
>it's not that I want to sound moany, I'm just getting sick of the idea that
>KJ can release whatever and give us a rubbish website and no info and we're
>all expected to be grateful.  Most bands rely on their fanbase not the
>other way round.
>
>death wish <dwish2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>It's possible some sort of management disaster occurred between Loose
>Cannon
>and Seeing Red - why on earth would your first single be supported by a cd,
>dvd single, and picture disc and then your next single is comes out with
>pretty much the same artwork, no bonus tracks, and only as as a cd? And
>wasn't it limited/deleted early or something like that?
>
>Plus, 100 out of 100 people would rate the vid for Seeing Red higher than
>that for Loose Cannon, so wtf?
>
>Also, wasn't Geordie quoted as saying something like "you don't release
>your
>best song as the first single"? Belays a confidence that the second single
>was gonna get a major push... but I don't know - something happened.
>
>So I think anyway. I'm sure you could write an entire book about what goes
>on behind the scenes for every album.
>
>Just listening to bbc6 now! It's Raven, not Geordie, and he's just said EMI
>are remastering the first 8 albums!!!!!! Remixing Firedances... and BTATS
>next... and then over next 24 months, remixing and remastering all the
>rest!!!!
>
>A book! Compiled over last 3 years - to come out next year! Fucking A!
>
>Breaking ground on new album at end of year.... lots of suprises....
>
>25th Anniversary show in London....
>
>All they played was The Wait and Loose Cannon, so none of the rare
>stuff....
>
>Right, I'm stoked.
>
>T.

Share a single photo or an entire photo slide show right inside MSN®
Messenger.
first two months FREE*.