[kj] OT Crowley, etc

Djehuti111 djehuti111 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 14:50:18 EDT 2004

Good Morning Si,

--- god botherer <acroastic at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Good day Aleph!
>
> I couldn't let your last considered response go
> unacknowledged. I have only
> just read it as I have been away.

 I didn't think that I'd scared you off that easily!
;)

> What you have to
> say is always worth
> reading. I have saved the link for deeper
> contemplation when time permits.

 Awww, flattery will only get you on my good side. ;)

> You're obviously serious about the Work, and I
> salute you!

  As I hope I've made apparent, the respect is mutual.

 This is one of the rare occasions on the list that
I've had to address "the wickedest man in the world"
(tm) topic with someone who was actually open to the
thought that there might actually be *something in
there*, rather than just believing wholesale the many
merely maligned mythologies.

> By the way, I recognise the extract with which you
> finish your e-mails as
> Jaz's description of that famous ritual in Iceland,
> right?

 Heh, actually it's from Crowley's "Confessions".

http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/confess/chapter29.html

 I think you may be a bit suprised when you find out
the origin of the actual ceremony being described.

> I don't suppose
> you have access to any of the book that has not been
> otherwise avaiable (via
> ODIC, etc)?

 I don't, but I seem to remember someone posting scans
of the released documentia on their site somewhere.

 After some digging, I found a wealth of ODIC material
on Madani's site:
http://www.an-irrational-domain.net/odic/odic.html

 In Life, Love, Liberty and Light,
 ~Aleph

> Best wishes
>
> Si

=====
"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The
darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the
silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space,
studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a
stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of
the ceremony."