[kj] "Democracy" songs

Patrick Davies Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com
Tue Jul 20 10:39:26 EDT 2004

the grittiness of the KJ2003 album was what I had been forlornly waiting
for, but it still doesn't sit up there for me when compared to the early
material.

Death and resurrection show, Asteroid, Blood on your hands, Seeing Red,
Wardance/Inferno I like.
You'll never get to me is a good song

Dark Forces is still growing on me but I think jc was over indulgent in
his vocal and spoilt it a bit
The house that pain built is passable

Implant could have been done better by Discharge back in 1980! Total
Invasion, I feel patronised by this.
Loose Cannon is a great idea but the vocals and chorus is a let down and
whats with the backing "ohohoher"

In conclusion, musically im well pleased with kj2003, the guitar, drums
and bass are sheer class. The production is closer to what I like KJ to
be like. The power hasn't been over produced out. Jaz being jaz gets
away with being over indulgent which detracts from some of the songs as
he tries to do too much

It definitely has me hoping that they are returning to a sound that is
more to my liking than some of their material they produced.

iPat