[kj] OT:What book are you reading??

Dave Axford daxford at rogers.com
Thu Jul 15 21:24:03 EDT 2004

  I just read the novelization of ALIEN v. PREDATOR - it was good (compelling and violent.....if you liked any of the related movies I bet you'd like it), though it gets corny the last 25%.   I give it a 7 out of 10.

  I briefly scanned through the script of "Alien vs. Predator" when the company I was working for was bidding on the visual effects (I didn't think we had much of a shot at it... Director Paul Anderson dropped by to say "Hello" since the company was already bidding on the visual effects for "Resident Evil (2) Apocalypse" which he wrote..).  Script details would read: "And the most awesome fight ever imagined occurs here"... Umm. Riiight.

  Just before that, I read "3001:  The Final Odyssey" by Arthur C. CLarke.  The 4th and final installment (2001:  A Space Odyssey, 2010, 2061,....) was excellent and I highly recommend!   He has a nice commentary about our current state as humans, technology, and how religion gets abolished.   10 out of 10.

  That's good news. I read "2061" and thought that it was 'Arthur C. Clarke Lite'. He's got a great mind, but hey... Lay off the young boys Art (I know... It's only a rumour!).

  Dave