[kj] (OT) Danzig Knocked Out?

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 17:08:21 EDT 2004

Sense of humour?

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On
Behalf Of Alexander Smith
Sent: 06 July 2004 14:38
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Danzig Knocked Out?

"good knowledge of current affairs"

What the fuck? "So, baby, what's your take on the Abu Musab Al Zarqawi?
Think he's responsible for those beheadings? Or is it Muqtada Al Sadr after
all?"

Alex in NYC

On Tuesday, July 6, 2004, at 05:08 AM, Tom Foolery wrote:

About 10 years ago MRR published Danzig's rider- Apart from the usual
pizzas, towels etc there was a requirement for 10 or so girls "aged 18-24,
with High School Diploma, good knowledge of current affairs and sports and
must live within 10 dollar taxi ride of venue" What a tight bastard!

S'pose it's all a product of living with your mother.

<?fontfamily><?param Arial Black>luv from<?/fontfamily>

<?fontfamily><?param Arial Black>Stimro<?/fontfamily>

<?fontfamily><?param Geneva>"Mummy, what's a Killing Joke?"<?/fontfamily>

"A Whoopee cushion packed with Semtex"

>From: Thomas Kennedy <tkennedy1999 at sbcglobal.net> >Reply-To: "A list about
all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net> >To: "A list
about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net> >Subject:
Re: [kj] (OT) Danzig Knocked Out? >Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 14:36:35 -0700
(PDT) > >right on!... That "evil" comic-book collector kook deserved it. >
>Tom. > >Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote: >GLENN DANZIG Gets
'Knocked Out' By NORTH SIDE KINGS Singer Following >Arizona Gig - July 4,
2004 > >DANZIG frontman Glenn Danzig allegedly got into a scuffle with NORTH
>SIDE KINGS singer and frequent SOULFLY collaborator Danny Marianinho
>following DANZIG's performance in Tuba City, Arizona Saturday night >(July
3). The following is Marianinho's official statement regarding the
>incident, as sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET: &g t; >"Before crazy rumors begin to
spread I would like to explain what >happened: > >"NORTH SIDE KINGS (web
site) were to play with DANZIG last night in Tuba >City, Arizona. To make a
long story short the whole show was a disaster >and a few bands got bumped
off. Mr. Danzig (or his management??) refused >to push back the original
scheduled time slot so NORTH SIDE KINGS and >RAPID FIRE would have to play
'after' his set. Whatever ó we agreed to >play later because we drove 6
hours and didn't feel like going home >without playing. > >"Needless to say,
as soon as DANZIG was finished, the venue turned on >the lights and DANZIG's
crew and the staging company began to take the >stage apart almost
instantly. I confronted Mr. Danzig backstage while he >was signing
autographs and told him I thought he was an asshole because >of his 'rock
star' attitude and no consideration towards the FEW other >bands that got
bumped off tonight. In a fit of rage he turned around and >slammed me into
the wall yelling 'Fuck you, motherfucker,' trying to be >a big, tough guy in
front of his fans. I, in self-defense, punched him >in the face, knocking
him out as he was attacking me again. He went >down, bleeding from his
mouth, eyes rolled back, and in shock that he >got knocked to the floor so
quickly. > >"A friend happened to tape the entire incident and this is all
>documented. Many witnesses saw him attack me, and I did what any man >would
do. > >"It was unfortunate that this went the way it did ó and I hoped Glenn
>Danzig learned a valuable lesson tonight: Do not lay your hands on >anyone
unless you can handle what may happen. > >"I apologize for nothing, except
for the poor little kids that had to >witness this big asshole get his ass
kicked in a matter of seconds..." >

<image.tiff>

STOP MORE SPAM with <?color><?param 1999,1999,FFFF>the new MSN 8<?/color>
Gathering mailing list
Gathering at misera.net