[kj] OT: the Skids

Patrick Davies Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com
Mon Jul 5 04:29:53 EDT 2004

As a youngster heading into London (78) to hang out and go to some gig
one Saturday I saw a sight to behold. Trains from the north had pulled
in containing football fans off to England V Scotland. Hordes of people
streaming off the train and the chant was" Albert Tacklock " (sp) the b
side of into the valley - tv stars.

Working 4 the yankee dollar was the last of their good stuff, imho, but
I was fortunate to see some of Big Countrys first gigs which were a
different flavour to recorded material, especially as hardly anyone was
there and Adamson was a character. 1/2 pint of cider and two nembies
were the poison of the poor as well.

Ill have the old singles but not the albums. Doubt if they'll ever get
played again. Hope that helps!

iPat