[kj] warning about jamie and leigh/NOT THEM

Greyson Stoehr gathering@misera.net
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:34:38 -0800 (PST)

Fellows, it's "not them":

"W32/MyDoom-A is a worm which spreads by email. When
the infected
attachment is launched, the worm harvests email
addresses from address
books and from files with the following extensions:
WAB, TXT, HTM, SHT, PHP,
ASP, DBX, TBB, ADB and PL.
W32/MyDoom-A creates a file called Message in the temp
folder and runs Notepad to display the contents, which
displays random characters.

"W32/MyDoom-A 'spoofs', using randomly chosen email
addresses in the "To:" and "From:" fields as well as a
randomly chosen subject line. The emails distributing
this worm have the following characteristics."

--From Sophos

The fact that MyDoom spoofs addys is why you're
thinking the wrong persons' computers are infected.

Grey
________