[kj] OT Fighting Corporate Rip-offs

culturevirus gathering@misera.net
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 05:07:09 -0800

At 02:56 AM 1/27/04, Lucy wrote:
>The last one I got was by phone...you've won a holiday...all you have to do
>is attend a 3 hr presentation on timeshares in London oh and can I ask you
>some questions are you single/married/living with someone, do your joint
>earnings exceed Xk etc etc
>At least since I joined the telephone preference list I haven't got any more
>like it or double glazing companies!

These things are in some cases quite legit. My wife is going on a quickie
trip to Disneyland (CA) in a couple weeks with a friend who did just that.
There was a little cost involved on my friends part but it was less than
$20 IIRC. My friend is disabled and on public assistance so she had nothing
to lose and nothing to offer the promotions company anyway.

I am culturevirus