[kj] OT Fighting Corporate Rip-offs

Lucy Cornwell gathering@misera.net
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:56:13 -0000

The last one I got was by phone...you've won a holiday...all you have to do
is attend a 3 hr presentation on timeshares in London oh and can I ask you
some questions are you single/married/living with someone, do your joint
earnings exceed Xk etc etc
At least since I joined the telephone preference list I haven't got any more
like it or double glazing companies!

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-admin@misera.net [mailto:gathering-admin@misera.net]On
Behalf Of Phil
Sent: 27 January 2004 10:45
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] OT Fighting Corporate Rip-offs

I know of someone who fell for the Canadian Lottery scam thats doing
the rounds here at the moment. Basically (for those who havnt heard
this one yet) you get a phone call telling you that youve won the
Canadian lottery, however YOU have to send THEM several thousand
pounds first, before they will release your money to you! I cant
understand how anyone could be that gulible, but aparently people are
falling for it in droves!

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:52:39 +0000, you wrote:

>>From: "Lucy Cornwell" <lucy.cornwell@vetstream.com>
>>Another thing that occasionally bothers me is why some people believe the
>

>I know what you mean. My friend on an evening paper in Brighton did a story
>about a recently retired man who put virtually all his life savings into
>that Nigerian scam thing where you get an e-mail supposedly from the
>Nigerian foreign ministry (or summin like that) and they want you to
deposit
>a £thousand in some account in return for a about £million a later date.
I'm