[kj] "Oughties"

Alexander Smith gathering@misera.net
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:54:22 -0500

Struck me yesterday evening that "Eighties" was released as a single
*TWENTY* years ago (not sure of the exact month,...anyone know?) That
fact stopped me dead in my tracks.

Funnily enough, the track itself (once, now and always my favorite
Killing Joke song,...sorry, but there it is) doesn't sound dated to me
(barring, of course, the very obvious title). If that song was a child,
it'd almost be out of college by now. A mindfuck, that.  Not only is it
my favorite Killing Joke song, but it is verily my favorite song of all
time.

Hey Mr. Coles....how about representing "Eighties" in some future MD
product, eh?

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out. As you were.

Alex in Exceptionally, didgit-fracturingly cold New York Fucking City