[kj] happy christmas (sic)

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 03:20:05 EST 2004

  Let's wait and see first if Mike Coles can/may flesh out in
the coming days what "the management are saying it's the band's
wishes" means - it's a vague phrase. Maybe a direct comment from
the band, even if anonymously, would shed welcome light on this.
What is there to be gained by this move?

--- Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:
 At the very least, Mike
> could have been either brought on board or informed of a new,
> at least AMICABLE arrangement...

> To read Jaz frothing at the mouth about how Dave Grohl (who
> played on a
> whopping ONE album of the `Joke's) is "FUCKING FAMILY, MAN,
> HE'S
> FAMILY, FAMILY, FAMILY!" (see Kerrang article of April 2003),
> yet (apparently) coldly dismissing arguably the band's fifth
> member (so to
> speak) who was involved from the get-go strikes me as rather
> prime cut of.....hmmmm.....what's the word? Ah
yes.....HYPOCRISY.

> So, to hear them pulling disingenuous, ill-considered stunts
> like these is something I find rather hugely depressing.

=====
As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso