[kj] Sisters Mercy Public Enemy

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 10:41:29 EST 2004

I saw that tour.  It my opinion it ws horrible at best.  PE was at their
peak (and starting to come down, in my honest opinion), The Sisters of Mercy
had put out one of their worst albums (to date, it is not a horrible album,
but is not a good Sisters record), the Gang of Four record was forgettable
(sadly) and Warrior Soul were never good (yes I know Big Paul was in it at
one point).  PE was not allowed to play (the infamous Mayor Coleman Young)
in fear of a riot (why I do not know), Gang of Four looked out of place and
Warrior Soul was...I was either at the car or purchasing drinks.  The
Sisters were.. the Sisters.  They have had the same show for the last ten
years.  And they will probably have the same show for the next ten.  I went
out of obligation.  The Sisters looked out of place outside (the smoke
machine looked more like a bbq on the side of the stage).  I am all for
mixing it up.  I actually encourage it.  But there has to be some sort of
middle ground.  Which all of those bands have/had.  They all have some sort
of political voicings and share unique careers.  Motley Crue and Killing
Joke share that they use electric guitars, microphones and a drum kit.
These two go together like Ted Nugent and Rage Against the Machine (that is
all I could think of off the top of my head).  And it would make more sense
if it was a festival.  I would not discount their friendship.  Good for
them.  But this is ...silly

Chris