[kj] Florida gatherers & Hellenic holidays

Phillipps Marc Marc.Phillipps at enfield.nhs.uk
Fri Aug 13 07:14:01 EDT 2004

>> Another list I'm on has a nice bot running that'll strip the disclaimer
off
>> any regular posters mail . .

>Any possibility of being more specific? My draconian net beliefs system
>is intregued.

I'm not sure if it automagically removes any regularly duplicated text or it
needs to be configured by the list mod ?

It's pretty cool though although our IT department managed to screw it up
for ages by continually changing the disclaimer (and making a lot of
spelling mistakes)

As far as disclaimers go, I prefer this :

"Important. Antidisclaimer. This e-mail is not and cannot, by its nature,
be confidential. En route from me to you, it will pass across the public
Internet, easily readable by any number of system administrators along the
way. If you have received this message by mistake, it would be ridiculous
for me to tell you not to read it or copy to anyone else, because, let's
face it, if it's a message revealing confidential information or that
could embarrass me intensely, that's precisely what you'll do. Who
wouldn't?

"Likewise, it is superfluous for me to claim copyright in the contents,
because I own that anyway, even if you print out a hard copy or
disseminate this message all over the known Universe. I don't know why so
many corporate mail servers feel impelled to attach a disclaimer to the
bottom of every e-mail message saying otherwise. If you don't know either,
why not e-mail your corporate lawyers and system administrators and ask
them why they insist on contributing so much to the waste of bandwidth."

Marc

Crap from here . .

& Haringey Health Communities.