[kj] OT a most august Poll

antoni at clara.net antoni at clara.net
Wed Aug 11 16:08:21 EDT 2004

1. Name
Antoni Adamiak

2. Reached 30 yet?
I'm afraid so, not far off my 40th

3. Kids?
Only one so far - Danielle is 18 on Saturday

4. Location
London

5. Fave KJ song
The Pandys Are Coming

6. Fave KJ album
Not an easy question - maybe Extremities as that period was so amazing & welcome after the falling out and falling apart that occurred with OTG.

7. Fave KJ member
Another odd question  - they are a right bunch of bastards but we love 'em all.

8. Aspects of last album you would like to see featured in the next one
Would like to see a bit more experimentation I guess ... was always a big fan of Who Told You How ... after seeing the chaps on tour many times, was hoping that things would be written and recorded as a band, rather than bits here, bits there etc etc ... even with probably a new drummer involved, happy that the nucleus of the band would appear to be in one place for a change.

9.  Aspects of last album you would like to be abandoned for the next one
Not so much of the metal riffs and shouted vocals.

10. Will this 25th anniversary gig ever happen?
I believe plans are in progress.

11. Should Fire Dances and HA! be re-released as a combined CD (like the cassette)?
No, but EGMDT4 could/should be released on CD from tapes salvaged from the two 1982 nights in Toronto ... it couldn't be any more ropey than the Buzzcocks CD "Times Up" of early recordings with Howard Devoto.

12. Should Love Like Blood be re-issued as a single for its 20th anniversary?
Definitely not ... NWOBFG

13. Would it chart again?
Unlikely

14. Most under-rated KJ song
Chessboards ... Slipstream ... Feast Of Blaze etc

15. Most over-rated
"Come As You Are" - he he

16. 3 bands you would like to see on the same bill as KJ
Headcount, Natacha Atlas, Giga-0.

17. Last album you bought
Killing Joke ... For Beginners, before that a remastered Dirk Wears White Sox.

18. Last film you saw
Angela's Ashes on DVD.

19. Last book you read
Touching From A Distance by Deborah Curtis.

20. Next album you're going to listen to
maybe Idavoll, or Adam & The Ants Complete BBC sessions, or Die Monkey Die - decisions, decisions ...

21. What contemporary bands do you rate
Massive Attack, Goldfrapp, Muse, Radiohead, Rachel Stamp, My Vitriol (where have they gone?)

22. Your all-time favourite bands
Killing Joke, The Ruts, The Pixies, Silverfish, That Petrol Emotion and a cast of thousands (but not Cast !!!)

23. Your 8 "Desert Island Discs"
I'm terrible packing for a holiday, I'd probably forget to pack 'em anyway ... probably take a few compilation tapes instead ...