[kj] OT a most august Poll

Ed messageobliquespeech at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 10 07:39:40 EDT 2004

My two pennys worth

 1. Name                Eddie Smith

  2. Reached 30 yet?    Thirty Six

  3. Kids?               Not yet

  4. Location            West London (mate)

  5. Fave KJ song        BLOODSPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (dodgy festival
video version)
Tension/Pssyche/& Follow the Leader for bringing back the memories of
the sulphate at the back of the throat

  6. Fave KJ album       Nighttime (Our first intro to KJ and 'cause I
got it signed with em at the beeb)

  7. Fave KJ member      Raven - cause he always stopped to chat & is
always a long lost mate when ya get to meet him.

  8. Aspects of last album you would like to see featured in the next
one

Will have to put it on cause I cant remember/but continuing the madness
is always good for me

  9.  Aspects of last album you would like to be abandoned for the next
one

The quiet periods

  10. Will this 25th anniversary gig ever happen?          Yer 'aving a
giraffe mate! waiting for the Joke to come on stage is like an eternity.
The UK SUBS did one though!

  11. Should Fire Dances and HA! be re-released as a combined CD (like
the cassette)?

Would say not bothered cause I got the vinyl and have the cassette
(probably lost now) would be better to release the DV fucking D!!!! Even
a DVD of past gigs/fests/ or have I missed em along the way?

  12. Should Love Like Blood be re-issued as a single for its 20th
anniversary?         Yer having another giraffe! Well, if it gets
totally re-hammered and tranced up by Alex P then Id go along with it.
Rather Bloodsport in this day and age. Anyone else have their 1980
Enlistment Notice?

  13. Would it chart again?                Anything can chart if if the
advertisers can use it

  14. Most under-rated KJ song          THE BEAUTIFUL DEAD

  15. Most over-rated                  wintergardens/tiahuanaco/fire
dances

  16. 3 bands you would like to see on the same bill as KJ

Sex Pistols/The Orb/Kate Bush

  17. Last album you bought               probably Amon Tobin
http://www.amontobin.com/

  18. Last film you saw              Don't watch many films/probably
pulp fiction again

  19. Last book you read             Don't read many books either - The
Haynes Manual?

  20. Next album you're going to listen to          Amon Tobin -
Supermodified

  21. What contemporary bands do you rate           dunno

  22. Your all-time favourite bands                       apart from KJ?
Pistols/Damned/The Associates/Banshees/Numan.but don't get me wrong eh!/
Xray Spex/uksubs for giggle/Human League (early)/Curve

  23. Your 8 "Desert Island Discs"                     The Theme from
Robinson Crusoe/Pretty Vacant/Bloodsport/Monitor(Banshees)/
uptown top ranking/Skipping& Message Oblique Speech
(Associates)/Marianne(Human League)