[kj] re EMI SPEAKS

Patrick Davies Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com
Tue Aug 10 05:50:40 EDT 2004

> Victory I really wanted to include as it's atypical for Killing Joke
(shows a different side) and the lyrics are particularly relevant to the
Iraq situation. I knew it would be a controversial choice but the single
mix is (a) unreleased, (b) shorter and (c) promotes the BTATS album.

>From: Neil Perry >PS: Sorry, but Victory still reminds me of Level 42
on an off day

im with Neil on this one, even if I have to admit to knowing what level
42 sound like : )))

Twilight of the Mortal cannot be saved from that horrible synth
change/chorus, so these inclusions are the weakness on this project even
if they are a big improvement on the original.

>The mix of Rubicon you'll love. The guitar is much higher in the mix
and there are fewer synth atmospherics. Finally this track sounds like
it should have
all along.

Agreed. I really enjoyed that and it finished off the project well.

> On OTG tracks once again they (a) show a different side of KJ and (b)
> promote the album that may otherwise have been overlooked. Obsession
was
> chosen as a less controversial choice as it's based on Ecstasy and
ties in
> nicely between two very different albums. My Love... was chosen as
it's a
> personal favourite, shows a completely different angle and features
one of
> Jaz's favourite themes following on from Butcher etc.

I screwed my face up with these being included but have changed my mind.
I really enjoyed them especially My Love

Good work in all. Well happy with it.

iPat