[kj] found this on GMail

PRAEst76 praest76 at escapism.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 06:45:55 EDT 2004

On (08/08/04 10:12), woody2shooz wrote concerning [kj] found this on GMail:

> http://gmail-is-too-creepy.com/

> I'll stick with Yahoo for the time being

I think if people are that paranoid they'd be better off not using the
internet. I think there are important privacy issues to be dealth with but
when I read a site like this I just picture rabid foaming geeks who live
with thier mother.

I also fear that the majority of people worried about privacy aren't
worried about having intellectual property stolen, or being arrested for
radical behaviour. No they're worried about naked photos or kiddie porn
etc.

If someone refuses to send to a gmail account how do they deal with groups
like this where there are people using gmail addresses? Ask them to leave?
Leave themselves? Stop worrying about it and get on with life?

I love they way they post the photo of Googles founder in a dress from his
college days they 'cunningly' gleaned from the Wayback Engine. Yes that
really helps their credibility. And I doubt the guy cares.

--
PRAEst76