[kj] (ot) GMail invite

PRAEst76 praest76 at escapism.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 06:29:08 EDT 2004

On (07/08/04 17:11), Elana Mojica wrote concerning Re: [kj] (ot) GMail invite:

> It has alot of nice features, its like a yahoo or a msn mail. It's web
> based.  Its "awesome" cause ,1. its from Google. 2. you can only get one
> if you are invited.

> beta. Its still in its testing phase.  but, unlike other beta's I've
> done, this one dosent seem to be too buggy :)

I got the impression that it's being still in 'beta' phase was more to do
with legal issues than anything else. I do remember there being some furore
over dta protection or peoples rights or some such. IMO if people don't
like the terms they shouldn't sign up for something. It's quite simple.

> gotta love google

I hate them. From what I hear their staff get way too many perks to be
healthy. I heard a rumour once that if the staff are stressed they press a
button in their cubicle and a masseuse comes round and gives them a
rubdown. ...and they have a sex room where employees can go on their breaks
and get sex and smoke a spliff while watching cartoons on a 40 foot
screen.

's what I heard.

--
PRAEst76