[kj] RE: RE:off topic / too much non KJ / best siouxsie track

Ed messageobliquespeech at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 4 05:51:03 EDT 2004

Apologies all for taking so long to get in from the cold
Ta for your replies to first post, all good fun

Tried to read all of 3weeks post and couldn't
The 'Golden Nugget' did arrive re the Siouxsie info on the site,so
booked tickets for the 15 & 16th October.missed last nights so im pissed
off about that.
Skimming through mails,best Sioux track 4 me is Monitor,followed by
Switch/happy house etc but as been said b4 there is a lot of stuff I
like from her/ most early stuff sits well
Thought shepherds bush 2002 was q good,got on the DVD during Monitor.

Oh, of course back to KJ in reply to previous mail

>what's your favourite KJ album?
Difficult one, first intro was Nightime,saw KJ on the tube(tv prog)jaz
said see you at hammersmith which I had to go to cause I thought the
trax they did (Kings & Queens/Nightime/Eighties-I think it were those
trax!)was awesome.I was bitten by the KJ bug from there on. Saw them
soon after at the BBC doing the gig for the In Concert programme,took
the Nightime cover in hope to get it signed,after gig(which was
brilliant/mad cause being part of about 50 die hard jokers prancing
about a 6 inch high stage/that was really close up!went uptop dressing
room after/went in cause I didn't wanna wait outside in corridor/had a
chat with davy-some may rememberhim being the keyboardist/then met the
guys as they were sorting themselves out/it were pretty mad but no one
asked who I was. Meeting Jaz for the first time/getting him to sign the
cover/meeting paul/raven/Geordie that was my initiation into the Joke.

Bought the remaining albums and others since then/might be a 1 or 2
missing/

Fav track-stems from the bbc gig- adored 'Pssyche' -ok there may be
better versions but IMHO this version was special/noisy and well
thrashed out/of course this can be all found on the CD/ 'Tension'
another best track for me

Might wander back to the first album as I think Complications is
excellent and from a bad video copy Rockerplast?festival (dutch/german
festival?) - 'Bloodsport' gets me jumping around like a fucking
lunatic!!!!!

Do like other trax in the later part/ read bits of the democracy debate
- well skimmed it - and my two pennies worth is that I weren't that
impressed,felt let down. Saw KJ at Reading about that time-visited the
Reading record shop where they signed copies of the record - in all the
formats!cost us a few quid too, Jaz didn't turn up which was a bit of a
fck.

Since then seen them in London on all the too few tours/ seeing them at
the underworld(was it this year?time flies) was good too but got lost in
the buzz of it all

Anyway, getting carried away and probably like most could go on and on

>Have you ever practised sex magick?

What is magick? !

Its not some perverted kinda thing with Paul Daniels is it?

>Can you recommend a book ;-)

Not really, too busy trying to learn the job & trying not to get caught
out  it does involve reading technical stuff though. What Im reading at
the moment are the magazines 'Future Music' and Digital Music Maker -
only because I wanna sort out a soft synth kinda thing and play
futuristic sounds like they used to do in the good ole days - given up
guitar as I can just about manage part of the intro to Pretty Vacant by
the Pistols and that's taken 16 years

>(I'm being serious - what's your album then? And why?)

oops, think I done that

cheers all.

Still Shit for Brains