[kj] OT a most august Poll

mik raven mik.raven at dial.pipex.com
Tue Aug 3 07:29:16 EDT 2004

Its a bit quiet at work so here goes

> 1. Name

Mik Raven

> 2. Reached 30 yet?

Very soon be 40

> 3. Kids?

3 Kids, 1 grandchild & another on the way

> 4. Location

Yorkshire, UK

> 5. Fave KJ song

Psyche

> 6. Fave KJ album

KJ 2004

> 7. Fave KJ member

Geordie

> 8. Aspects of last album you would like to see featured in the next one

The passion

> 9.  Aspects of last album you would like to be abandoned for the next one

The artwork and drivel like Loose Cannon & Dark Forces

> 10. Will this 25th anniversary gig ever happen?

It's destiny that it's going to be on my 40th birthday (19th Nov)

> 11. Should Fire Dances and HA! be re-released as a combined CD (like the
> cassette)?

No. I have both on CD already, so why should I care :-)

> 12. Should Love Like Blood be re-issued as a single for its 20th
> anniversary?

It wasn't very good first time around, so why put it out again?

> 13. Would it chart again?

No

> 14. Most under-rated KJ song

House that pain built. Go on, give it another listen instead of skipping past
it!

> 15. Most over-rated

Tabazan.

> 16. 3 bands you would like to see on the same bill as KJ

None, none, none

> 17. Last album you bought

Reba Macintire's Greatest Hits (it was a gift!)

> 18. Last film you saw

Can't for the life of me remember it's name but it has Morgan Freeman in it as
an alcoholic military lawyer. Quite enjoyed it.

> 19. Last book you read

Currently reading Good Omens (Terry Pratchet & someone else)

> 20. Next album you're going to listen to

Probably something from the Ant Box

> 21. What contemporary bands do you rate

None really. Was very much into the Prodigy. Do they count as contemporary.
Probably not as they are no more.

> 22. Your all-time favourite bands

KJ obviously, Banshees, Prodigy, Bauhaus, Crass, Pistols, Virgin Prunes etc etc

> 23. Your 8 "Desert Island Discs"

Excluding KJ

TIP CD 2 (the green one - Trance music compilation - thank you Youth!)
Friend Or Foe - Adam & The Ants
Once Upon A Time - Banshees
Last Train To Lhasa - Banco De Giya
Wilmot - Sabres Of Paradise (couldn't survive without a regular listen to
this!)
Singles Bar - Salad
Penis Envy - Crass
Fat Of The Land - Prodigy