[kj] Oh OK, why the hell not

Jerry Butson jerry at fleamusic.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 06:36:55 EDT 2004

1. Name : It escapes me

2. Reached 30 yet? : Good god yes

3. Kids? Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em

4. Location : In the shadow of the rapidly expanding Moss residence

5. Fave KJ song : today it's Tension

6. Fave KJ album : today it's Fire Dances

7. Fave KJ member : Jaz, I know he's a fruitcake but KJ without him is Murder Inc.

8. Aspects of last album you would like to see featured in the next one : the fire...it's still there (as I keep telling the wife)

9.  Aspects of last album you would like to be abandoned for the next one : swearing...Jaz never had to resort to it before, it's lazy

10. Will this 25th anniversary gig ever happen? Hope so

11. Should Fire Dances and HA! be re-released as a combined CD (like the cassette)? Not if I have anything to do with it. If there's enough stuff there should be two CDs with loads of extras (like the whole Ha! gig plus other live stuff from over the years

12. Should Love Like Blood be re-issued as a single for its 20th anniversary? Why the hell not. Could have some unreleased b-sides, maybe a subtle remix by Geordie to fire it up, could promote the catalogue releases. Any Killing Joke release is welcome

13. Would it chart again? Probably not, but who cares about the charts?

14. Most under-rated KJ song : Unto the Ends of the Earth

15. Most over-rated : Wardance

16. 3 bands you would like to see on the same bill as KJ : None, just KJ

17. Last album you bought : Associates "Double Hipness" from ebay

18. Last film you saw : Deep Rising (yuk)

19. Last book you read : Rinkagate (about the Jeremy Thorpe affair)

20. Next album you're going to listen to : Headcount "Die Monkey Die" (thanks to Mozzer)

21. What contemporary bands do you rate : Scissor Sisters, Client, Royksopp, Divine Comedy, Soft Cell, and long-running, never split and reformed, never sold out to the punk in a basket circuit 80s beat combo Killing Joke

22. Your all-time favourite bands : Killing Joke, Skinny Puppy, Talk Talk, Giorgio Moroder, Gary Glitter, Nitzer Ebb, Cocteau Twins, Chic, loads of symphonic composers and soundtrack composers

23. Your 8 "Desert Island Discs" : Roxy Music "The Same Old Scene", Donna Summer "I Feel Love (Patrick Cowley 17 min remix)",  Associates "Party Fears Two", Soft Cell "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye", The Divine Comedy "Lost Property", Killing Joke "Rubicon" (Bluce Ree fuck you), Gina X Performance "No GDM", Sister Sledge "Thinking of You"