[kj] RE: DARKNESS/Rapture (... don't listen to anyone else...)

Stephen Robinson gathering@misera.net
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:47:04 +0100

> Just dropped the wife off at the office, and as is my ritual, I popped
into
> Tower Records, which is only a couple of doors down. I spotted the new
> Darkness album on the new release racks. I've never heard them, but they
> just seem like a re-re-re-re-re-hashed Spinal Tap gag. Geddit? Ironic
> hair-metal. Yawn. Haven't we been there a bajillion times by this point?
>
> Am I wrong in this assumption?

Not really. It's knowing ironic. Which is all rather dull. Not so much the
new single, but the early ones where more 90s plodding grey indie-rock,
rather than Spandex rockers too.

> One new band that I've embraced is The Rapture.

Quite like the new Radio Berlin album, Rather early New Order/Joy
Divsionish, if a little by-numbers. And the Coldness album, but that was
little more dancy or latter New Order if like!

Was it You alex that liked Laika? Heard any thing By Medicine? Similar but
by no means a rip off, and possibly a bit to clever for it's own good. I
think they've got Bruce Lee's daughter on vocals! Although that could be a
sales lie!

SR

PS Interpol? Any danger of writting any new songs?