[kj] godmachinist

Mark Saxton gathering@misera.net
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:43:54 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C38117.F2765CA0

Well, Robin has a band/collective called Sophia which have put out 2 (I =
think) studio albums and 1 live album.Musically much more acoustic, =
reflective , emotional and often fragile, although he also got together =
with various Camden musicians and put out an album under the moniker of =
The May Queens which is more familiar territory to the God Machine's =
output. I'm gonna dig it out now and give it a blast.Cheers. Oh, they =
are all released on flower shop recordings which is Robin's label.Dunno =
what the drummers up to.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MADELYLE@aol.com=20
  To: Gathering@misera.net=20
  Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 2:24 PM
  Subject: [kj] godmachinist

  I had noticed while reading my gathering e-mails that one of the =
members of the list is called 'the god-machinist'.This spured me on to =
listen to the The God Machine's two albums for the first time in a =
couple of years.
  I have to say i was surprized at how fresh they sounded.They have the =
same kind of intensity and tribal drums as KJ.
  I got to see them play at King Tuts on their tour for the first album =
and it was one of the best gigs i've ever been to.They played a =
blistering set which finished with a twenty miniute hypnotic version of =
Seven.
  Anyway, i know the band came to a sad end with the death of the bass =
player.Could anyone tell me what the surviving members are up to?

  Cheers,

  Lyle

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C38117.F2765CA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well, Robin has a band/collective =
called Sophia=20
which have put out 2 (I think) studio albums and 1 live album.Musically =
much=20
more acoustic, reflective&nbsp;, emotional and often fragile, although =
he also=20
got together with various Camden musicians and put out an album under =
the=20
moniker of The May Queens which is more familiar territory to the God =
Machine's=20
output. I'm gonna dig it out now and give it a blast.Cheers. Oh, they =
are all=20
released on flower shop recordings which is Robin's label.Dunno what the =

drummers up to.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DMADELYLE@aol.com =
href=3D"mailto:MADELYLE@aol.com">MADELYLE@aol.com</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3DGathering@misera.net=20
  href=3D"mailto:Gathering@misera.net">Gathering@misera.net</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, September 22, =
2003 2:24=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [kj] =
godmachinist</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DArial size=3D2=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">I had noticed while reading my gathering e-mails =
that one=20
  of the members of the list is called 'the god-machinist'.This spured =
me on to=20
  listen to the The God Machine's two albums for the first time in a =
couple of=20
  years.<BR>I have to say i was surprized at how fresh they sounded.They =
have=20
  the same kind of intensity and tribal drums as KJ.<BR>I got to see =
them play=20
  at King Tuts on their tour for the first album and it was one of the =
best gigs=20
  i've ever been to.They played a blistering set which finished with a =
twenty=20
  miniute hypnotic version of Seven.<BR>Anyway, i know the band came to =
a sad=20
  end with the death of the bass player.Could anyone tell me what the =
surviving=20
  members are up=20
to?<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR><BR>Lyle<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></FONT></BODY><=
/HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C38117.F2765CA0--