[kj] OT: R.Kelly Likens Self to Bin Laden..

sade1 gathering@misera.net
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:51:40 -0700 (PDT)

If only everyone had your level of awareness on this. But I'd
found a lot of ambiguity in articles and papers on how people
perceive this issue because the way we arrive at the consent-age
is very arbitrary. And a lot of people out there try to exploit that
ambiguity in large part to convince themselves, in their own minds,
that, "but it's OK, if like this or like that."
We need to define legal-age in a way more relevant to people's
maturity levels, maybe more than one age -- any volunteers for
raising it back? Doubt it.

Do you mean risk-free, as in no pregnancy or disease? Even so,
I dont think 15year-olds are anywhere NEAR ready to start. The
emotions for BOTH are overwhelming and the warping you do to your
self by pretending it's no big deal is very rough on both--hence
the deep burial or denial of said feelings or of their true
importance. Subsequent misperceptions on the other person's actions
can lead to distorted/devaluing judgement of the opposite sex.

Maybe guys are better able to pull this off but, as
women are usually more aware of, feelings are feelings and the
wear n' tear still ricochets inside both. We(the guys) just go
off and act it out in any way that makes us look "bad-ass" and
macho(grunt grunt), but that's all Bull.

Saul

P.S. Hey, didn't this thread originally start off as,
     "R.Kelly Likens Self to Bin Laden"?  then Al-Q...then....