[kj] FW: Three Easy Pieces for Any Decent American (from Michael Moore )

Amy Moseley gathering@misera.net
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:41:56 -0500

I couldn't stand Bush when he was our governor.  After he pocket-passed
a special interests bill that screwed me over, literally right in
my back yard (allowed development on my property line that was
illegal at the time and which was ruled illegal later, but in between,
the developers raped away), I swore I'd do everything I could to see
him never elected again.

He did NOTHING as governor here in Texas; but a governor typically
does nothing, because there's not much power in the position.  But
he certainly made priorities clear:  execute people, even if they
are very young or mentally retarded or have completely rehabilitated or...;
cut spending on health care and education; and deregulate business
from meeting safeguards on everything from worker safety to
environmental safety to ripping off investors.  It probably wouldn't
surprise anyone to learn that two of the biggest frauds, Enron and
MCI/Worldcom, were/are headquartered in Texas.

I love my state, and I guess I don't blame the people who elected
him governor; after all he managed to con nearly the whole country
into electing him president.  But four years of crap is enough.