[kj] Bootlegs on line (Democracy tour)

Antoni Adamiak gathering@misera.net
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:44:46 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "pr 001" <stay_one_jump_ahead@hotmail.com>
To: <gathering@misera.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [kj] Bootlegs on line

> concerning the 'lanterns of dope' bootleg - yes, that's the amsterdam
> soundboard one from '96. good quality recording but poor playing. very
rare
> to hear KJ so sloppy, must have really been caned. only a couple of
> 'democracy' tracks on there.

Of those two Democracy tracks (Savage Freedom & Aeon), it is the long techo
intro to Aeon that really grabbed me both in the soundcheck & the gig.  In
one of the kjnetwork mags Geordie suggests regarding Democracy "All I can
say is that the music is far better live. We had a load of techno loops,
like on Pandemonium, for this album and when Youth came in he took them all
out. When we did it live, Youth was producing some girl in America so I took
Troy Gregory, who had the job in Prong before Raven did. He came out on the
road with us and we put all the techno stuff back in and it zoned everyone
every night. Probably some of the best gigs we done in 17 years".

I would beg to differ over *quality* of the Paradiso gig although the late
late night drinking with AC, Nick and Mick Head was quite memorable. The MP3
of Intellect from the earlier Hamburg gig also contains the extra techno
loops.

Regards,

Antoni

* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *