[kj] Tones on Tour

Mark Kolmar gathering@misera.net
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:38:46 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, pr 001 wrote:

> as you mentioned recently, '84 was the time when geordie's sound was at it's
> best (for fans of that particular style, at least) but how would you
> describe the new sound he's using? for me there seems to be a scratchier,
> brash quality as opposed to the smoother, multi-harmonic tone of the classic
> era.

Haven't seen them play this tour yet.  The Chicago show is this Saturday.
But if the information is accurate, could the difference in tone be down
to the Line6 delay modeller (DL4 or Echo Pro?) that someone (Fluw?)
mentioned him using?  Is the tone that sort of mildly-distorted, somewhat
chimey sound like on "Seeing Red"?

--Mark