[kj] Astoria - Sunday Show . . .

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 03:03:40 +0100 (BST)

I was also wondering when someone would mention this - I thought I'd seen it in a dream or something. From a vantage point up in the gods - (does every gatherer always go down the front like the swivel-eyed mentalists that you are?) - it truly was a sight to behold. When he first appeared behind Geordie I thought it was a nutter with a guitar who was about to brain him. When he approached Raven, for a glorious second it really looked like Raven was going to deck him. He saved the best for last, when he did a little pirhouette at the side of the stage... I was wondering if it was *The* Wizard, or just some common-or-garden wizard they'd found out on the street. It was during Wardance right?

Still, I recommend getting a good view of the whole gig, if just once - the sound was superb, and the crowd were well into it, right up to the very top tier people were dancing and going nuts. And as mentioned earlier, it was great to just kick back and watch Jaz's conducting habits taking hold - he now does an awful lot of pointing at the band when there's a significant beat/riff due. He really should have a baton.
And as I type they must be due onstage in NY in about an hour...