[kj] nyc tomorrow!!

Mike gathering@misera.net
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:02:12 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_B65ynXr6BynfIL01WR0xSA)

Re: [kj] nyc tomorrow!!Thanks again Alex
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alex Smith
  To: gathering@misera.net
  Cc: tailgnr@optonline.net
  Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 10:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [kj] nyc tomorrow!!

  Mike....and anyone else....here's the plan once more:

    We meet up at around 5pm at THE CENTRAL BAR (109 East 9th Street between Third Avenue and Fourth Avenues). It's not the hippest, sexiest, punkest, most rock'n'roll bar in New York City (in fact, it's none of those things), but it's big, easy to find, generic and a two minute walk from the venue. It's basically just a big Irish pub. There *ARE* cooler bars to hang out in, but maybe we'll go investigate those later on in the evening. I'll be there from 5pm on, so for those of you whose tickets I'm holding (Dirk & Cliff) come find me there. They also serve food here, so you can fortify your stomach before drinking. I suggest we meet up there, hang out/drink/eat/whathaveyou until the doors open, then repair to the Webster Hall for the show.

    In Manhattan, to get to the Central Bar (109 east 9th Street):

    *If you're travelling by subway, it can be easily reached by the #6 train stop at ASTOR PLACE. Just get out at Astor Place, and walk *NORTH* to 9th street, and hang a right. It's right next to a shitty record store called EIGHTBALL (they only sell dance music). The Central Bar has a big Irish flag waving out in front. Ya can't miss it.

    *If you're on the N or R or W line subway, get off at 8th Street. This will leave you at 8th Street and Broadway. Walk *EAST* until you get to Astor Place (a big open square with a cube sculpture in the middle). From there walk *NORTH* to 9th street and hang a right. Once again, it's right next to a shitty record store called EIGHTBALL (they only sell dance music). The Central Bar has a big Irish flag waving out in front. Ya can't miss it.

    *If you decide to take a cab, just tell him 9th street between 3rd and 4th Avenues.

    * If you're walking and are unfamiliar with Manhattan, just keep calm and remember that the streets follow a chronological grid pattern (unless you're further downtown, but don't worry about that).  The Central Bar is on the *EAST SIDE* (east of Fifth Avenue, in other words).

    Take my cell phone number if you get lost or have a problem: (917)-691-9335

    Incidentally, since I've never met any of you swarthy swine, I look like this:

    http://www.misera.net/ail/galleries/alexinlondon/alex_rob_tube.jpg

    I'm the idiot on the left in the leather jacket. In fact, I'll invariably be wearing that same leather jacket, and I've decided I'll be sporting the red Malicious Damage clock t-shirt underneath, so ya can't miss me.

    Problems? Questions? Concerns? Epiphanies? E-mail me (vassifer@earthlink.net) or call on cell phone above.

    I'll send this out again prior to the date, but just in case, here's all the info.

    Cheers and lookin' forward to it!

  ALEX IN NYC