[kj] Dublin

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:52:11 +0100

Yup, I reckon you may have the same problem... though perhaps without the
glass throwing, lead-pulling bollocks!  Aye, warpaint sounds a good idea!
Incidentally, Dub tells me (off-list, and in a friendly fashion... give him
a break everyone... there's been FAR worse than that on this list over the
years!) that only 100 tickets were sold in advance! ONE HUNDRED!  That's
shocking.  It was such a difference to Glasgow, which had loads of rabid
fans... I was accosted time and time again due to my cooler-than-cool
Wardance t-shirt (thanks Mike!). That's what really pisses me off...
Glasgow had a great crowd and the band were well up for it... but the
fucking disco-dancing curfew stopped the proceedings. Dublin had no
curfew... but no great crowd and no band well up for it! Argh!  Still, as
long as there's a next time (and without opening a can of the proverbials,
I hear things are not great in the KJ camp at the moment... hopefully just
tour stress though).
I'm back in Dublin for Turbonegro in December... I hope the same pricks
don't turn up!

Dave