[kj] Cardiff MS1 Club (moved from Coal Exchange) - Monday night

Antoni Adamiak gathering@misera.net
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 02:30:23 +0000

Hello folks,

Well, well, well - an absolutely crazy gig - moved from a 450 to 350
capacity venue - band still sound checking after 8pm with punters queuing
outside. Went down the front before the Joke came on & felt that the flimsy
metal pole barrier was insufficient & then it wobbled big time during the
opening track Requiem ("communion" and others dropped due to late running) -
it duly then gave way and I spent almost the entire gig with my foot on the
low stage, to hold myself from toppling over the monitors - so close were we
to the stage, it beggars belief - despite the struggle, it was an amazing
gig.

As ever, the Bristol posse were in attendance and also none other than
currently non-gatherer Tom Cavanagh - even Raven acknowledges that he is
streets ahead of everybody on this tour.

This by far was the sweatiest gig (of some 700 over 23 years) that I have
ever been to.

Regards,

Antoni

* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *