[kj] ebay story

Mark Kolmar gathering@misera.net
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:44:27 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, fluw wrote:

> """I was at that show at the Metro (then Cabaret Metro), and appear in the
> video for about a half second.
>
> --Mark"""
>
> -------
>
> soooo mark, how was the gig? did anyone have singed quiffs?

I remember the cash register being pretty well under control.  Fake dollar
bills were thrown all around for the video, and I still have some of them.
The show was intense.  The setlist was mainly from Extremities, along with
such live favorites as "Frenzy", "Fall of Because", and "Wardance".
Could have been the same set list as the Boston show that's going around.
Jaz did the ceremony or rant that he often does in the big buildup in
"Frenzy".  That probably works better in person, but even so, it worked
better than during other times I've seen them play.

The only problem was the sound, which was pushed to the point that it was
a blur a lot of the time.  More energy than music got through sometimes.

--Mark