[kj] Slipstream

ade gathering@misera.net
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:36:08 +0100

Mate, I know EXACTLY what you mean.

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-admin@misera.net [mailto:gathering-admin@misera.net]On
Behalf Of Simon Lee
Sent: 11 October 2003 16:23
To: gathering@misera.net; gathering@misera.net
Subject: [kj] Slipstream

Slipstream is something special. There is an amazing, haunting, swirling
build up near the end with Atkins on the toms and some ethereal chords from
Geordie then joined by the keys moving into six 'punches'. When I'm at my
most receptive it does something quite amazing to me - perhaps you'd call it
a physiological effect. If it was deliberately calculated to do that then
I'd say someone knows a thing or two about the secret potential inherent in
music.

Song and Dance has a nice building sequence too leading up to Jaz'z primal
scream - a joyous moment!

Simon

Dance" and  "Slipstream." "Slipstream" is just damn beautiful.That guitar
riff at the beginning is one of the most perfect things i've ever
heard.Nobody can touch that.

> Thomas Kennedy <tkennedy1999@sbcglobal.net> wrote:for me it's songs like
"Europe" and "Darkness before Dawn" - just flatout brilliant
songwriting.....