[kj] Slipstream

Matt gathering@misera.net
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:10:41 +0200

--MS_Mac_OE_3148801841_21533_MIME_Part

It's called "psycho-acoustics" , which comes down to the effect certain
frequencies have on a human's brain.
In this particular case I'd simply call it genius...!
Matt

From: Simon Lee <slee@bushinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:22:58 +0100 (BST)
To: gathering@misera.net, gathering@misera.net
Subject: [kj] Slipstream

Slipstream is something special. There is an amazing, haunting, swirling
build up near the end with Atkins on the toms and some ethereal chords from
Geordie then joined by the keys moving into six 'punches'. When I'm at my
most receptive it does something quite amazing to me - perhaps you'd call it
a physiological effect. If it was deliberately calculated to do that then
I'd say someone knows a thing or two about the secret potential inherent in
music.

Song and Dance has a nice building sequence too leading up to Jaz'z primal
scream - a joyous moment!

Simon

and  "Slipstream." "Slipstream" is just damn beautiful.That guitar riff at
the beginning is one of the most perfect things i've ever heard.Nobody can
touch that.

> Thomas Kennedy <tkennedy1999@sbcglobal.net> wrote:for me it's songs like
"Europe" and "Darkness before Dawn" - just flatout brilliant
songwriting.....

From: parasikon <parasikon@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 03:26:24 -0700 (PDT)
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] "Blue Feather"

[...]

The New Yahoo! Shopping
<http://shopping.yahoo.com/?__yltc=s%3A150000443%2Cd%3A22708228%2Cslk%3Atext
%2Csec%3Amail>  - with improved product search

--MS_Mac_OE_3148801841_21533_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [kj] Slipstream</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
It's called &quot;psycho-acoustics&quot; , which comes down to the effect c=
ertain frequencies have on a human's brain.<BR>
In this particular case I'd simply call it genius...!<BR>
Matt<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<B>From: </B>Simon Lee &lt;slee@bushinternet.com&gt;<BR>
<B>Reply-To: </B>gathering@misera.net<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:22:58 +0100 (BST)<BR>
<B>To: </B>gathering@misera.net, gathering@misera.net<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>[kj] Slipstream<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Slipstream is something special. There is an amazing, haunting,=
 swirling build up near the end with Atkins on the toms and some ethereal ch=
ords from Geordie then joined by the keys moving into six 'punches'. When I'=
m at my most receptive it does something quite amazing to me - perhaps you'd=
 call it a physiological effect. If it was deliberately calculated to do tha=
t then I'd say someone knows a thing or two about the secret potential inher=
ent in music.<BR>
<BR>
Song and Dance has a nice building sequence too leading up to Jaz'z primal =
scream - a joyous moment!<BR>
<BR>
Simon<BR>
<BR>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<BR>
&gt; From: parasikon@yahoo.com (parasikon)<BR>
&gt; Sent: Sat Oct 11 11:26:24 BST 2003<BR>
&gt; To: gathering@misera.net<BR>
&gt; Subject: Re: [kj] &quot;Blue Feather&quot;<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; The ones that really strike a chord with me are the ones like &quot;So=
ng And Dance&quot; and &nbsp;&quot;Slipstream.&quot; &quot;Slipstream&quot; =
is just damn beautiful.That guitar riff at the beginning is one of the most =
perfect things i've ever heard.Nobody can touch that.<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; Thomas Kennedy &lt;tkennedy1999@sbcglobal.net&gt; wrote:for me it's so=
ngs like &quot;Europe&quot; and &quot;Darkness before Dawn&quot; - just flat=
out brilliant songwriting.....<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; Tom.<BR>
&gt; &nbsp;<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; Alex Smith &lt;vassifer@earthlink.net&gt; wrote:<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; I know this track pops up in discussion fairly often here, but I just =
threw<BR>
&gt; on my prized copy of UNSPEAKABLE this afternoon and am gloriously wall=
owing<BR>
&gt; in earfulls of vintage Joke. I'm still so struck by how unique the mel=
ody of<BR>
&gt; this song is (let alone the cryptic legend behind it). It really is a =
thing<BR>
&gt; of shimmering, startling beauty, I find. Pity they never properly revi=
sited<BR>
&gt; it. Geordie's guitar really weaves a glistening web of sound here that=
 flies<BR>
&gt; defiantly in the face of those who'd write the band off as merely lump=
en<BR>
&gt; doom-merchants. Nevermind &quot;Our Last Goodbye,&quot; it's songs lik=
e *THIS* that<BR>
&gt; stop me dead in my tracks. <BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; ALe xin NYC<BR>
&gt; _______________________________________________<BR>
&gt; Gathering mailing list<BR>
&gt; Gathering@misera.net<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; ---------------------------------<BR>
&gt; Do you Yahoo!?<BR>
&gt; The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search<BR>
<B>From: </B>parasikon &lt;parasikon@yahoo.com&gt;<BR>
<B>Reply-To: </B>gathering@misera.net<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Sat, 11 Oct 2003 03:26:24 -0700 (PDT)<BR>
<B>To: </B>gathering@misera.net<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>Re: [kj] &quot;Blue Feather&quot;<BR>
<BR>
The ones that really strike a chord with me are the ones like &quot;Song An=
d Dance&quot; and &nbsp;&quot;Slipstream.&quot; &quot;Slipstream&quot; is ju=
st damn beautiful.That guitar riff at the beginning is one of the most perfe=
ct things i've ever heard.Nobody can touch that.<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>Thomas Kennedy &lt;tkennedy1999@sbcglobal.net&gt;</I></B> wrote: <BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>for me it's songs like &quot;Europe&quot; and &quot;Darkness be=
fore Dawn&quot; - just flatout brilliant songwriting.....<BR>
Tom.<BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
<B><I>Alex Smith &lt;vassifer@earthlink.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
I know this track pops up in discussion fairly often here, but I just threw=
<BR>
on my prized copy of UNSPEAKABLE this afternoon and am gloriously wallowing=
<BR>
in earfulls of vintage Joke. I'm still so struck by how unique the melody o=
f<BR>
this song is (let alone the cryptic legend behind it). It really is a thing=
<BR>
of shimmering, startling beauty, I find. Pity they never properly revisited=
<BR>
it. Geordie's guitar really weaves a glistening web of sound here that flie=
s<BR>
defiantly in the face of those who'd write the band off as merely lumpen<BR=

doom-merchants. Nevermind &quot;Our Last Goodbye,&quot; it's songs like *TH=
IS* that<BR>
stop me dead in my tracks. <BR>
<BR>
ALe xin NYC<BR>