[kj] Astoria

praest76 gathering@misera.net
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 09:11:50 +0100

Quoting Wrightdvdw@aol.com:

> My heads pounding, so if this dont make sense...tough.

Makes perfect sense apart from the areas which don't.

> the place was heaving, after meeting Mr.coles mates..Rob and Steve in
> a local
> pub, my mate never got passed the bouncers on account of being rat
> arsed...

They pulled me over outside the Astoria because I tripped over the
baricade. I just did a lap around the block to freshen myself up and
rejoined the queue. Easy to sober up when you haven't actually drank
that much. My mistake is not eating enough beforehand... or I'm a
lightweight.

Apologies once again to all the jokers whos heads I done in last night
with my drunken rambings. Especially Jel, Mik, Dirk, Lisa, Andi, JP &
the others who popped into the Totenham for innocent football and chat
and were subject to my surreal bollocks.

> still got in a cab Essex bound, and then I joined the never
> ending queue, once
> in found myself in the frigging gods upstairs, so as Joke started to
> perform
> took me and me grolsh down into the pit started to enjoy...

Yeah, never been to the Astoria before myself but I knew those stairs
lead to the gods. The large part of the throng seemed to flow in that
direction. Wondered what I was missing out on not going up there. Free
sex show? :)

> .then lost me can

Did I see a can narrowly miss Jaz's head at one point?

God it was nice to actually see the band last night. Sadly I was too
short to see much at Camden. They seemed nicely on form and getting
Kings n Queens and Empire Song made my night. Pity there was just the
one short encore before the "shows over, get the fuck out" announcements
from the PA.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.apxf85.dsl.pipex.com/praest76