[kj] Midwest U.S. tickets by mail

Jiri s gathering@misera.net
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:51:05 -0700 (PDT)

A note of caution, got my ticket in the mail for
Minneapolis -- and nearly threw it away! The source of
the envelope was absolutely unidentifiable (just a
generic return address, no name, nothing) and the
whole package looked like the kind of junk mail I get
every day from Jehovah's witnesses, magazine
subscription houses, or the AARP (at least the
American Assoc. of Retired People identifies
themselves a little better, though I still suspect
they're after me about 25 years too early).

Thankfully, I opened the envelope just in case, and
after weeding through the junk inserts ("FREE
COFFEEMAKER WITH YOUR ORDER!" and "The CLOSEST shave
you'll ever get!!") I discovered a faded,
dot-matrix-printed "Killi Jok 11-03" receipt and
finally, ye gods! the ticket to my KJ deflowering!!
(Well, by then it will be my third time, but it will
all feel like first-time rapture, I'm sure.)

The next day a similar package arrived for the
Milwaukee show. While it was nice to learn the free
coffeemaker offer is still on the table, I was content
just to find another gig ticket.

So anyway, just a word of caution to not be like me
and nearly throw your tix away!

-JS/dom/KJ Virgin for 21 more days!