[kj] "Last Pogo in Paris"

Alex Smith gathering@misera.net
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:40:29 -0500

Gatheruzz....your assistance, s'il vous plait...

    As I may have mentioned, the wife and I are taking a last minute holiday
before the spikey mallet of impending parenthood biffs us in the hooter.
Peg's already in Germany on business right now (for the annual Frankfurt
bookfair), and I'm flying over on Saturday to rendez-vous with her. From
there, we're taking a train to Paris for a few days (back on the 18th with a
few days to rest up before KILLING JOKE DISEMBOWEL NEW YO....er.....Killing
Joke squeeze in as much music as they can into their paltry one-hour set at
Webster Hall) being that once our baby arrives in April, we probably won't
be going anywhere ever again. Honestly speaking, I haven't been in Paris
(the "City of Light", if I'm not mistaken) since the balmy days of
1987....and most of that period was spent drunk anyway (although I do
remember finding probably the only Punk Rock record store in Paris at the
time called L'EVASION. Wonder if it's still there!) In any event, I'm going
to be there for about one full week, and would *HAPPILY* welcome any
suggestions of places/things to go see/do/experience/etc. I'm not talking
about the obvious touristy shit like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and stupid
Jim Morrison's grave, I mean cooler, a bit more esoteric stuff. Most of you
know my sensibilities, so let them be your guide. Nothing outside of Paris
either, as being that Peggers is preggers, we want to keep this journey
relatively low-maintenance.

Merci beaucoup in advance, mes amis!

Alex dans NYC